Just how geek?

In the previous post, Groy said: "I don't think i'm geeky enough for this site. " Well, that may be true. But it did make me think about the degrees of Geek. Is it even a matter of degrees? Or are there just different kinds of geeks, where a gaming geek might not understand the comic geek's language?

Here's an example using two shirts I wear*. If someone recognizes either's reference, then I know they have some degree of geek in them. But what degree? I actually prefer to think of people responding to this shirt as old school:


While those that respond to this one, are new school:

So Groy... All I can say is that looking at your own blog, you're every bit as much a geek as I am... I just went to a lot more schools, is all. That's what happens when your parents move around a lot.

*These shirts and many more available from
GeekLabel. Check 'em out. Some of them, even *I* don't understand.

Comments

Mélanie said…
Si je ne comprend ni un ni l'autre des t-shirts, ça veut tu dire que je ne suis pas une geek?

Well...je comprendrais pas le premier t-shirt si tu me l'aurais pas expliqué...pis je viens de réalisé que j'ai oublié ton explication...yah en plus d'être distraite j'ai aucune mémoire...am I still writing?
Anonymous said…
Great...une autre preuve que je vieillis (venant d'un gars 10 ans de plus vieux que moi en plus....*sigh*) parce que je ne comprenais pas LEEEEEROY!

Then again, je joue pas à WoW.

NewSchool suxxorz.
GRoY said…
Ah ben i guess je suis pas si pire a cause je connaissais les deux t shirts! Whohoow 2 geek points for me!
jeanette said…
If we go with the types of geek thing, I would consider myself a gaming geek.