This Week in Geek (19-25/02/07)

Once again, no Buys section. It's not that I'm saving my money. I just haven't seen anything I wanted. Let it never be said that I wasn't a spendthrift.

"Accomplishments"

Almost a dozen cards for the WhoCCG completed. It's been two weeks since I worked on the project, and well, I was feeling bad about that. Gave a good go today and I'm satisfied.

Doctor Who obsession continued: Managed to finish a couple of Big Finish audios this week: "The Mutant Phase", starring the 5th Doctor against the Daleks in a big paradox story. Well done, though I'm progressively more wary of listening to Dalek tales at work. There's just no hiding the grating electronic voices. I also finished Gallifrey Series 1 with part 4, "A Blind Eye". It neatly wraps up ongoing plotlines, and the twists the story takes are pretty cool. Not sure what I think of Charley's Nazi sister though...

Over in the comics section, I finished reading Showcase Presents Teen Titans. Only 2 reviews to go before I jump to the next project, kids! I also got through The Escapist Vol. 3, which is as gorgeous piece of work as the first two volumes.

Website finds

I don't play Dungeons & Dragons anymore. It just hasn't been my roleplaying thing since I was a teenager. However, the one world I wouldn't mind revisiting if my group really wanted to play D&D is Planescape. It's multiverse where one's philosophy actually impacted the universe really appealed to me. It's crazy and still holds interest. A great online resource for Planescape is I am the Mimir.

Ever checked out White Ninja Comics? Do so. I am not responsible for any mental distress this may cause you.

Remember Infocom'sold text-based adventure games for such luminary computer systems as the Commodore 64? Well, it's possible to download all four Zorks from this website. Now if only they could provide free copies of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Planetfall, we'd be all set. I am not responsible for any mental distress these games may cause you.

And I'm off to bed, see y'all later.

Comments

I looooove white ninja. Je le lisait beaucoup v'la une couple d'année, but I guess j'avais sorta mis ça de côté. Thx for the reminder!
Siskoid said…
You're the one I got it from, baby!