Thankfully

Canadian Thanksgiving isn't the big deal the American version is. Mostly just a day off from work or minor religious holiday. But it's still a good idea to give thanks for the things that make life good.

Real Life Thanks
-I am of course thankful they took my mom off chemo for a few months since the it's really put the cancer on the run. She's Wolverine, that one.
-For my job which, for all my crabbing thse days, is really fulfilling and challenging.
-For my big, stupid black cat. Some might say it's sad he's the love of my life, but hey, he won't leave and take half my stuff, right?
-And for my improv troupe allowing me to see and play the very best improv of my entire life.

And now... Geek Thanks
-For the return of Doctor Who.
-For PhotoShop. It knows why.
-For Shakespeare. There's no way I'd be who I am without his inventing me. -Always my answer when they want to ship me to a desert island with only one book. Jerks.
-For Chef Ramsey, cuz I gotta laugh sometimes.
-For my role-playing group, dwindling as it is. Always open to new ideas and willing to focus on characterization rather than hoarding goods. To you I dedicated an upcoming series of Gamer Profiles.
-For Carolynn's musical suggestions. Always appreciated and always on my playlist for a while.
-For Booster Gold. I can't believe I'm actually excited about a monthly comic book rag again.
-For Michael Chabon's Adventures of Kavalier & Clay. When I finish that book, there's gonna be a big empty hole in my soul.

And thanks to everyone who visits here, or has put this blog in their sidebar, or are in my own sidebar. I read you every day.

Comments

Matthew Turnage said…
I hope your mom continues to do well.
Siskoid said…
Thanks Matt. It's her second, after having a clean bill of health for 5 years. Not easy, but she's got a positive attitude and I think that's part of her secret.
Anonymous said…
In return, I'm quite thankful for all your work, especially on this blog which gives me my required dose of geekyness to keep myself grounded.