Major Bummer of Two Worlds

Siskoid's Crisis continues to pile up the bodies. Hey, the Monitors made me do it. This Thursday's casualty: Major Bummer.The Major Bummer of Earth-D had a really fun series at about the same time DC Comics decided "really fun" meant "up for cancellation" (see: Young Heroes in Love, Chronos, Chase, et al.). So I didn't kill Major Bummer, DC did. YOU did, you unappreciative, cheap non-buyers, you!

"Two Worlds, Siskoid?" You say, totally ignoring my righteous anger. "That's just one world."

Well I hear AiT/PlanetLar plans to republish Arcudi and Mahke's Bummerful work in hardcover. Both these guys have garnered more attention since the late 90s, so could a revival be far behind. Could we be seeing the Major Bummer of Earth-A/P?

Comments

Dan said…
"Major Bummer" is to mainstream comics what "Freaks & Geeks" is to television. Brilliant, thoroughly entertaining, hilarious, and cancelled way before its time.

Or maybe it's "Firefly." I donno. The point is, I dug "Major Bummer" the most, and it went away, and that sucks.
Siskoid said…
Here's crossing our fingers...