Friday Night Catfight: Le Massacre

I've been absent from Friday Night Fights lately due to work-related stuff, but I just had to post a bit about Kraven's daughter (hereafter: Kravène).

The issue is Amazing Spider-Man #567. To whom does she deal the greatest blow? Is it...

Spider-Man?Daredevil?
Nope. The answer is: The French language!
Writer Marc Guggenheim isn't just bad at not calling people who don't like his Spider-Man comics queer, but as it turns out, his French is equally atrocious.

That first sentence is fine: "Where are you going?" The second is a mangled translation that doesn't even pass the BabelFish test. Let me try a re-translation here: "I am not massacre made you yet." I believe she's trying to say "I haven't killed you yet," or perhaps even more simply "I'm not done with you." In the future, Kravène would do better with "Je ne vous ai pas encore tués," or "Je n'ai pas fini avec vous."

The more you know, the more you realize Bahlactus knows all.

Comments

rob! said…
i never read that quote from Guggenheim before...WTF??
Siskoid said…
And so Guggenheim joins the club of writers who should keep their mouths shut about their opinions, along with Mark Millar and Orson Scott Card. Club president of course is Dave Sim.
Anonymous said…
I'm glad to see my own French is OK. I was thinking "Wait a minute, is it just me, or does that sentence make no sense?"