Siskoid Radio: Geek Out! - March 31st

"If you married someone you met in the World of Warcraft, you might be a geek..."

New feature this week: When I play a song that features some kind of monster, I try and read its D&D (or other RPG) stats on air. Order of the day is to just make things GEEKIER. And since there are gaps in my Geek knowledge (I'm as surprised as you are), my Geek 101 feature this week has a guest lecturer! It's my KFF/RPG/Improv pal Marty, and he talks about video gaming competitions. I've no idea. If you couldn't listen or understand the French interventions, I supply the episode's playlist, with You-Tube links where available.

Intro tune: Doctor Who IX - Murray Gold
Introductions
Black Sheep - Metric
Geek News: This week's headlines include Scott Pilgrim in color (explains above song choice), Doctor Who's new trailer and other spoilage
Triton - Les Rita Mitsouko (+AD&D stats)
Comics round-up: Basically a few of the week's tweeted comic book reviews
Cargué dans ma chaise - Radio Radio (local Atlantic boys, which ties into my next recommendation)
Comics recommendation: Local (which my featured Old52 book this week)
You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive - Brad Paisley
TV recommendation: Republic of Doyle
No Change in Me - Ron Hynes
Geek Band: Joss Whedon
Walk through the Fire from Buffy the Vampire Slayer
A Man's Gotta Do from Dr. Horrible
Better (Than Neil) from Commentary! The Musical
Up, Up, Down, Down - Kirby Krackle
Geek 101: Competitive video gaming with special guest Marty Léger
Nancy the Tavern Wench - Alestorm
Loup Garou - Edgar Bori (+Werewolf the Apocalypse stats; the song isn't available on the web)
Goodbyes and your Doctor Who theme of the week (with wonderfully sad lyrics):
Who Am I? - Terrence Chua AKA Khaosworks

The show's on CKUM Radio every Saturday between 7 PM and 8:30 PM Atlantic Time (-4 GMT) on 93,5 FM in the Moncton area, or online, while capacity isn't exceeded, HERE.

Comments

geek said…
"if you married someone in the world of warcraft you may be a geek"

I wonder if there is a jeff Foxworthy niche style humor for Geeks...
Fiffe said…
I tried to listen, but the stream is no longer available (same with older episodes). Do I have to download anything in particular or are there no archives?

Forgive me if there's something terribly obvious that I'm missing!
Siskoid said…
Fiffe: There are no archives, it's livestreaming, and even that is extremelty fussy. The station is actively looking to fix the problems.
Fiffe said…
Ah, ok. I'll try to tune in on time next week. I look forward to it!