Kung Fu Fridays in July 2012

KFF's World Tour ends this weekend, and already I'm thinking about July's crop of films. What are we gonna watch? Well...

Kung Fu Panda 2 - We don't play a lot of animated films, but they ARE popular when they show up on the docket. The 6th is my birthday (which I don't celebrate) and the first day of my summer vacation (which I do), so I want to see people. Panda 2 should bring them out in droves ;-).

Let the Bullets Fly - A 1920s-era action comedy sounds unusual enough. That is stars Chow Yun-fat and racked up lots of awards in China makes it a must for one of these evenings. The plot? "A bandit arrives in a remote provincial town posing as its new mayor, where he faces off against a tyrannical local nobleman." I'm up for it!

Flying Guillotine II - There's a lot of confusion still about which Flying Guillotine film is which, but from Dragon Dynasty's branding, this is a sequel to their release of Flying Guillotine, and still not directly related to the famous Master of the Flying Guillotine. I think.

Throne of Blood - My plan is to watch the BBC's 1983 production of MacBeth during the week, and then finishing off the experience with Kurosawa's classic. There's nothing like Shakespearean tragedy in the summer!

And that's what up next for my film-watching crew - Capsule reviews every following Sunday!

Comments