Question Wee--What the Heck?!

We'll get to the nightmare fuel on the left here in a second. I first want to say that it's been a while since I've done a thematic week, so I thought it might be fun to do Questions Week. Every day, posts will answer the question in the title. There'll be a "Who's This?" of course, and all the Doctor Who reviews count, obviously. If you've got questions about ANYTHING covered by this blog, I hope you'll leave them in the comments. Maybe Friday could just be a crazy answer period. And if you don't, I'll think of something else, don't worry.

Now for the bug-a-boo pictured on this post... In a few days, my blog-brother Tim Knight of HeroPress fame, will celebrate his 6th year blogaversary. That's why we're bros, our blogs were born only 38 days apart. That's practically being twins. Anyway, he's celebrating by running a contest. Our task, if we choose to accept it, is to create a back story for the hand monster above, just a few fun paragraphs and perhaps RPG stats of any system. All the details are here, including the prizes (and then he added more prizes). We've got 'til the end of the month, and I'm looking for readers to match their monster creation skills against mine. If I'm going to win this thing, it'll have to be against the best. Nothing else makes sense.

See you at the finish line!

Comments

Tim Knight said…
Thanks for the plug... and good luck ;-)
Siskoid said…
It's allllll talent, no luck required.
S said…
This may not be the kind of question you're looking for - but any reason you changed the font on the blog? I had grown attached to the old look.
idiotbrigade said…
I am contractually obligated to ask questions. This is made under duress. Send the marines.


1. When are we gaming again? (I realize this is a loaded question, as my schedule just became at the same time very limiting, but also frightfully predictable.)

2. Combining your love of cinema and comics, what is (to your knowledge) the greatest comics movie that never saw the light? Examples: Cameron's Spider-Man with Schwarzie as Doc Ock, or Burton's Supes movie with TOUR DE FORCE ACTOR Nic Cage as Kal-El?

3. As these are geek questions, they tend to swing towards absolutes; so. Absolute hands-down favorite D&D monster. Go.

4. 0 Oscar nominations for The Dark Knight Rises; is this good? Circle one: Yes / Yes

5. FYI Justified season 4 started yesterday. Get on that season 3, son!

6. Where should I go next in Skyrim? Do I go punch vampires, join the rebellion, or do I deal with Delphine's nonsense?

There. That should sate you, at least for now!